16 March, 2011

Spring Break and we have a winner...

Y'all, I'll admit... I'm the mom that *sometimes* sucks the joy out of fun. I don't intentionally do so, but when I was making dental appointments 6 months ago, little did I know that those appointments would fall on Spring Break week. So, yesterday, we all had a nice little visit to the dentist. I'm happy to report "NO CAVITIES!" But, a trip to the orthodontist is in order... For both girls. Sigh...

Then, we headed to my favorite hairstylist, Jaclyn, for a haircut. Elisan has been growing out her bangs and decided she wanted to get her hair cut to meet her bangs. She's not quite there yet, but very close. So, she settled for a short bob instead. Kyla, seeing Elisan's hair transformation, decided she wanted the exact same haircut as her big sister.

Don't they look cute? And older? Sniff.

So, I'm loving my new camera. I still haven't cracked open the manual... or the informational DVD. Yes, I'm that person. I never read the manual... that is, until I'm desperate. I'm not desperate yet. I'm just enjoying using a nice camera for a change.

Here are a few pictures I took during an impromptu soccer practice with daddy.

I also took this of Kyla. She was tired. And hungry. And cranky. Our nickname for Kyla when she is cranky is "Cranky Baby" or "Kyla Cranky". So, the title of this photo is "Kyla Cranky". I put a little gothic touch to this picture. Looks eerie, huh?

Here's Elisan. She's not cranky. Just sweaty. I'm having fun experimenting with different editing techniques.

And so, without further ado... the winner of my 1000 Blog Entry Giveaway is...

Yay, Heidi!

That's all for now!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous3/16/2011

    Woot woot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that pic of Kyla is definitely eerie. "Children of the Corn" feel to it. I mean that in a good way - nice skills!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.