Hello Blog! I don't think we've met. I'm Erica. I write on you... sometimes.
Sorry I've been MIA. I've been around, but haven't felt like writing.
Last Saturday a.m., we got an email that the girls' school elementary principal/school administrator had died. She passed away in her sleep early Saturday morning. She was 56. If that ain't a kick in the head, I'm not sure what is.
Because of that, I've been in kind of a funk.
We've been sending our girls to their school for 5 years, so I "knew" our principal, but luckily, never had to deal directly with her, since my girls never required principal intervention at school. But, her absence is truly felt at school.
Just last week, in the bitter cold, she was escorting kids to their vehicles. She escorted the girls to my van, said a few sweet words about staying warm and driving home safe. Her last school wide email to us was about canceling school on Friday due to the impending snow.
She said in regard to the decision to close school, "We would prefer you stay home and enjoy the snow with your children."
She wrapped up the email stating, "Thank you and enjoy your SNOW Day and your weekend. I love the way God answers the prayers of children!"
I have no doubt she spent her last day on earth enjoying the presence of her grandchildren and family on her snow day, as well.
Mrs. Owen was such a phenomenal woman, who loved God and children and whose greatest desire was to see children become the best the can be in Christ. In her 25 years of service to our school, her impact has been felt for generations. She will be missed.
Absolutely awful - and at 56 - that's my age for a few more months anyway. No wonder you're sad - hugs from afar - and lovely words you write here in her memory.
ReplyDeleteOH wow, so sad. Prayers being said for you and for your sweet girls.
ReplyDeleteWow, that is hard stuff. I am sure she would be blessed by your words, and how awesome that she spent her life being a blessing to others.
ReplyDeleteYour post makes it all the more real... haven't found a way to tell our girl just yet. Love and hugs to your crew.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry for your school's loss. It sounds like she had a real passion and love for her job and the children whose lives she touched.
ReplyDelete