20 March, 2010

Break? There was a break?


The girls and I arrived safely home yesterday afternoon from Spring Break 2010. (That's going to be my new 'tag-line' this year... everything is going to end with 2010. Because it sounds cool.)

We had a great week visiting our friends and family. 700 miles later, I can honestly say it was worth sleeping on a sofa, hanging out til midnight, eating junk food with friends and listening to the endless "where are we now?" questions.

Here are a few highlights!

The girls and I arrived in Sugar Land on Monday and visited with my friends Cyndi and Leigh Ann. Leigh Ann recently moved back to Texas, after realizing that Texas is the best place to live in the entire world. Unfortunately, they took the long way around to get back! They moved from Georgetown to New York to Kansas and now Houston. Thank goodness they are back because I missed them a ton! She's a native of Massachusetts, thus the big whale on her shirt and her preppy RL Polo sweater, but she'll get back to her trashy Texas roots before long.

And not to be outdone, I enjoyed visiting with my soul sister, Cyndi. Cyndi is the type of friend that you pick up right where you left off, like you haven't missed a beat. Anyone who knows both of us would know that we can hardly get a word in edgewise with each other because we are both talking 90 to nothing. Love her.

The kids had a great time too! Seven total kids between the three of us and they all played beautifully together! That gave us plenty of time to sip coffee uninterrupted!

Wednesday, the girls and I headed home to Orange. The girls promptly grabbed their Sponge Bob Squarepants fishing reel and went outside to fish with Pop. As you can see, they had both caught nice sized fish. On Thursday, while my mom and I hit the mall, the girls visited Randy's folks' house and had a great time there. We stayed at my folks' house until Friday morning.
Friday morning, we headed back out towards Houston to have lunch with my college friend (and Matron of Honor) Angie. Angie and I don't get to see each other enough, but I was glad to get to spend at least an hour or two visiting with her. And, we were able to kiss and squeeze her beautiful baby girl Addison while we were there. I think Angie held Addison for about 5 minutes while I held her as much as I could. I would not share!
We all snuggled up to Randy last night once we arrived home. He missed us a lot and we missed him too!

Now, the girls are reacquainting themselves with their toys, while I do mounds and mounds of laundry now that the joys of Spring Break are over. Come Monday, we'll be back to the grind!

Thanks to everyone who hosted the Wagner girls over the week! We love y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! Glad you all had a good time and are back! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.