I'm a gadget girl. I love gadgets, namely electronic gadgets. And, I loathe reading instructions and directions on how to use said gadgets. It's who I am. I've grown to accept it. You would think after all this time Randy would grow to accept it too, but alas, he has not. He sometimes will read the instructions so he can know the answer to my gadget question and then refer me to the manual. Must be the engineer in him.
But, I'm not here to talk about Randy. I'm here to talk about my latest gadget. Okay, I'm well aware that I'm behind the times on the whole Apple iPhone thing. We have Sprint phones and we are happy with Sprint. (We'll soon be going Skype exclusively, but that's a whole nuther ball of wax I'll have to discuss in a later post...) So, there was and never will be an iPhone in my future, that is, unless someone wants to purchase one for me and pay the monthly service plan... then, I could so totally see an iPhone in my future.
Ahem...

So, for my birthday/anniversary (which by the way is tomorrow) Randy bought me an iPod Touch. (It is not an iTouch. Please do not refer to it as an iTouch...Elisan. Pet peeve much?)
I {heart} my iPod Touch. I am not a "gamer" and the purchase was not for gaming. It was because they are stinkin' neat and I wanted one. That is not to say I don't play games on it though. Randy and I have a pretty vicious battle of "Scramble" going on right now.
I love the Touch because I can access the internet and use it wirelessly anywhere there is wi-fi. There is open wi-fi at my gym, at my church, at the local shopping center - all of the places I frequent the most. I even downloaded an App that will tell me other wi-fi hot spots in the area. And, if you aren't needing internet you can still use various applications.
I listen to Pandora at the gym. I access the online Bible at church (with multiple versions at my fingertips). I even downloaded a version of the Bible onto my iPod Touch to use when I'm not in wi-fi range. I check email while I'm sitting around watching television with the family. I can update Twitter and Facebook on the "go". You can also call me via Skype. (Disclaimer about Skype: You will have to purchase a set of headphones with a microphone to use Skype for iPod Touch.) The list goes on and on... there's an application for TV Guide, My Daily Plate, Weather Channel, etc. And, for my kids, I've download free games for them to play as well.
Anyway... this may be "so lame and old" for some of you already iPhone and iPod Touch users, but if you are like me and never had an the use/need for one, then you probably didn't know all of this stuff.
So, are you thinking about what a great gift idea would be for Christmas? Think iPod Touch! It's great for moms on the go!
Be sure to check out Goodwill Gal too! I'm posting for the 25 Days of Christmas Blogging Challenge there as well!
We really enjoy our touch and are thinking of getting a 2nd one. The girls play it in the dr office, HEB... After traveling with it to Romania and the number of movies I could watch, we think for the car ride home it would be a lifesaver.
ReplyDeleteHappy Bday to you my friend and happy anniversary to both of you Randy and Erica. Sounds like a good investment - but not for me - I am hooked to the internet as it is - and spend WAY to much time surfing and blogging - poor Kjel would give up if I could do it "on the road" as well. But glad you like yours. =0)
ReplyDelete