09 September, 2009

Don't mistake my silence for anything but busyness!

And man, have we been busy!

I was looking over my calendar and next week alone, I have something going on EVERY NIGHT. Sure, don't get me wrong, I love being active, meeting other people, going to events/parties and hanging out with my kids at soccer practice, but wow... it gets tiring if there is no relief in sight! And from what I hear... nope, that's not the case. It is only just beginning. (Sigh...) I seriously could just quit my job and become a full time event coordinator for my own family.

Speaking of quitting jobs... Randy has retirement on the brain. Like seriously. Something about owning enough dividend paying stocks, etc. to be able to sustain our current lifestyle, etc. I listened intently to his dream and while I have some reservations, I've trusted Randy this far in our marriage... I might as well trust him now. Right now, my prayer is that got give him the desires of his (Randy's) heart and help him make the right decisions for our family. I know Randy is just plain tired, frustrated and not challenged right now in his career. Honestly, I agree... he needs a break. Maybe he could get a job at Auto Zone selling car parts.

Finally, I'm able to say with great excitement that Elisan has passed a milestone in my eyes. She finally took my advice and read "Ramona Quimby, age 8" over the weekend. It has taken me over a year to convince her that she would love any books by Beverly Cleary (much like her mama did when she was a girl!). The verdict? She loved it and wants to head back to the library to check out more of them. But, I have a better idea. I plan on heading to Goodwill and buying them for her. I'd rather her have the option of owning, than renting. Plus, Kyla will want to (here's hoping!) read them as well! I'm so proud of my girl! She had taken up the love of reading just like I did.

And Kyla... my sweet loud talking Kyla. She is the loudest talking person I HAVE EVER MET. In fact, just two seconds ago, I had to hush her. She is so loud. Like uncomfortably loud. Randy and I have actually discussed the possibility of hearing loss in Kyla because she talks so loud. But, according to our redneck hearing check performed by Randy, her hearing is fine. She just talks LOUD. Maybe she talks loud to be heard over non-stop talkin' Elisan. Who knows...

And that's about all for today. I have to get the girls ready for school. Oh, who am I kidding... I need to get ready too.

(Just hushed Kyla again! She's SO loud!)

2 comments:

  1. That is a milestone! So glad you get to share the love of reading with Elisan. I thought Randy had been dreaming of retirement since he was 20. :-) Perhaps preparing for is the right word. I guess now he's hit the target and is done, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My DH has retired - but still needs to work 2 days a week in his words to keep sane. He didn't cope well with an empty house not even with the things he did around the house (which I loooooved to see done - cleaning, washing). He still does his share of that but enjoys to go to work 2 days a week and meet with colleagues. To me R is still just a baby - far to young to retire - imagine all the toys he would buy to pass time during the day... giggle...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.