09 July, 2009

A/C? Why has thou forsaken me?

Yep! You guessed it! Our A/C unit went out upstairs! But, thankfully our house has two units - one upstairs and one downstairs... so we all piled downstairs to sleep last night.

Randy brought down the girls mattresses and put them on the floor in his office area and he and I slept in the guest bedroom. The girls thought it was like a sleepover and were especially excited to be able to stay awake until 9 p.m. Oh, the little joys of life!

After calling 4 air conditioning repair places yesterday morning, I was able to get someone who could come in today. Thank goodness! The other places couldn't schedule an appointment until Monday! Apparently when you have temperatures topping 105 degrees, air conditioners tend to work on overdrive, thus break down more often... or so I'm told.

So, now I'm waiting for the a/c repair man. The hottest ticket in town!


UPDATE: We are getting a new a/c unit. Can you say $8K?

4 comments:

  1. The slumber party sounds fun, we have a tradition where we all sleep on the floor in the living room during Christmas. As far as the 8K...OUCH!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is one pricey slumber party! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to convert into Celcius first - GEE thats hot. Nice U can have a new unit - to bad its so expensive.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.