
In true Texas fashion, we had early evening (severe) thunderstorms pop up over the hill country on Thursday night. In fact, Randy instructed me to clear out the closet underneathe the stairs, just in case we needed to take shelter from any tornadoes. That's just how we roll here in Central Texas... ready for inclement weather at the drop of the hat.
So, anyway, because of the impending weather moving our way, the girls stayed up with us to watch the news. No use putting them to bed with the off-chance that we'd be getting them up again to take cover.
One particularly close lightening bolt scared Elisan so much so, that she bolted off the couch ready to take cover... but not before she hollered out this phrase... "I better go get my money!"
Not only was she afraid of the storm, she was afraid a tornado would blow in and sweep up her $7.00 profit from last week's garage sale.
I said, "Who are you? Mr. Crabs?" (And if you are familiar with Spongebob Squarepants... you know what I'm talking about!)
Anyway, Randy and I got a good chuckle out of that one!
BTW, this is my 700th post! Yippee for me!
That sounds like something my son would say- how funny! Wow 700 posts, that is awesome~~ Congrats!
ReplyDeleteshe works hard for her money!!
ReplyDeleteShe's obviously learned from her bargain hunting Mama just how far that $7 can go! We also live in tornado country here in Colorado and have found ourselves sheltering in several times over the past week.
ReplyDeleteHow cute - tornadoes sounds scary - don't get that here - but it rained 110 mm the other day - that is A LOT OF WATER in one day. Our three small lakes at the end of our street is not ONE BIG lake and I have a pair of ducks who moved to my garden - just in case... (thought they could swim....) 700 WAY TO GO - I love reading your blog.
ReplyDeleteHannah actually was under our stairs. There's a pic on our blog. When Jim Spencer says to take cover I listen! :)
ReplyDelete