29 June, 2009

A little bit of P.M.S. goes a long way

Are you the kind of blogger who writes your title first and then molds your blog entry to fit the title, or do you write up the entire entry and then decide on a title?

Me? I write the title first, but I am not necessarily apt to mold the story around the title. Hmmm, that's the way I roll I guess...


So, yeah... what is it about P.M.S. that makes me creative and contemplative AT THE SAME TIME? That's a weird combo, I suppose. Maybe it's a left brain/right brain thing? Maybe for at least 10 days out of the month I'm using my whole brain!


So, this month, it's been mainly contemplative. Wondering the who/what/where/why/when's of my life. Who am I? What am I doing with my life? Where do I want to go? Why does it matter? And when will it happen.

Lately, I've been so fickle with my life decisions. One minute I want to do _________ (fill in the blanks with something... anything) and the next minute, I'm changing my mind. I'm so fortunate I have a husband who puts up with me and supports my decision(s) whatever they may be that moment.

He does wonder though how/why I (can be/am) so fickle. I think that is a man thing. He lives and breathes black and white (..."yes or no") and doesn't see gray (..."maybe") like I do.

A few posts back, I ranted about how everyone's life seems so much more fabulous than mine... maybe I meant to say... everyone else seems to have figured it out, which in my mind, seems fabulous. Yes? I will readily admit I don't have it figured out and wonder if I ever will. I guess the only thing to offer is that I am a child of God first, a wife second and a mom third.

And while I can't do anything particularly well, except care for my family, I have been the most contented when they took priority in my life. Maybe it's time for a self-examination and realign my priorities back to what's important. What does that mean? I'm not sure. But, it most definitely means I need to be more thoughtful and reflective on what matters most to me.

Maybe by this time next month, when my brain is working as an entire unit, I'll have it all figured out!

By the way, if you have it figured out and want to share the secret of your success, please do us all a favor and share the wealth!

1 comment:

  1. I don't have it all figured out in my life so I can't share that with you, but I do know this about you--I would hardly say that you "don't do anything particularly well". Like you said, caring for your family is an extremely important "job", but in addition to that, you are an amazing writer, super creative and great with digital design both on your blog and with making cards, etc. Don't sell yourself short! I'm praying for you as you seek out God's priorities for your life and the direction HE wants you to go to lead a fulfilled life.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.