... handle a question of integrity? When a person you respect acts in a way that is unbecoming... or, you simply question their integrity behind their decision and/or action (even if it doesn't affect you)...
I ask because recently Randy presented a situation to me that happened to him and I was amazed at his lack of response. My initial reaction was "getting all emotional" about it... But, he was... "Why even waste my energy..."
So...how do you respond?
Do you:
1.) Get all emotional?
2.) Vent to anyone who will listen?
3.) Bottle it up inside?
4.) Ask God to help you get over it?
5.) Never get upset over other people's actions/decisions that don't affect you?
I'm curious.
Me? I think I am #1-4 (in that order...)
I'm with Randy. That is my approach to most any type of confrontation, too. I do think it would change my future interactions with that person. Being a person I respect(ed), they'd cause me to question their future decisions and actions.
ReplyDeleteMy answer might be sometimes any of 1-5, but often, it's combined with talking to them face-to-face about it. I always figure people would rather hear if their actions are causing others grief, even if it's hard...
ReplyDeleteWell - depends on the situation - if I believe the person would benefit from knowing my reaction I would do something - if it's a person who couldn't care less - I wouldn't - but then again such a person would not be a person I respect.
ReplyDeleteIn my life I have met people from all walks of life - and had many very interesting bosses too. Time has taught me this: "It takes a gentleman to offend me..." and trust me - you won't meet many of them. =0)
Well I am a 1, 3 and 4. Under most situations...so unhealthy I know. But I'm working on it!
ReplyDeleteu know me I am emotional at commercials! #1& 2 are me.
ReplyDeleteoh and then #4, like 5 days later!
ReplyDelete