I came across this video this morning and it really struck me. Here is Penn, from Penn and Teller, talking about how a man gave him a Bible after one of his shows. The part that really struck a chord with me was when he said, “How much do you have to hate someone to believe that everlasting life is possible and not tell someone about that.” Whoa.
If you have a few minutes to spare, watch this clip. It's powerful.
Wow...though he claims still to be atheist, I have some doubts now. He brings up great points that we could all learn from.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI agree, I think there's just a little inkling of doubt there now...just a little open window is all God needs!
ReplyDeleteCan't watch it now from work - but will look later today. LONG time no see - if a country girl like you needs a chuckle - visit me today and read about my HORROR morning.... LOL
ReplyDeleteWatched it now - and I can only say religion has never been a topic I have used to choose or discard friends by. I am a protestant but went to a catolic school (because my parents decided this was the best school in our neighbourhood) for 10 years. I have friends that are catolic, jewish and friends that are ateists and I will NEVER be able to understand how what we believe in could justify killing other people with a different belief. And this guy says the same - it's OK to agree to disagree on a topic as long as nobody gets hurt. Not sure this is what you ment by powerful - but that's what I saw.
ReplyDelete