02 January, 2009

Oooooh, I'm so excited!

Today we are meeting my in-laws in Houston to pick up the girls! Whoooohooo!

Let me say... I've loved, loved, loved having Randy all to myself this week. It has been a great week for us, but I am missing my girls something fierce!

A quick recap of our week! I'll skip the work part (which included deep cleaning and organizing) and go straight to the fun stuff:

Monday - we ran errands at 7 p.m. That was fun. We hardly leave the house after 6 p.m., so getting out at that time of the night was fun!

Tuesday - we had dinner with Randy's former work friends who have now gone on to bigger and better things. They were down in Austin for the holidays and by a stroke of luck, we were all available for dinner that night. One lives in San Jose now and the other friend lives in the Philippines with his wife. I don't envy them AT ALL! But, it was fun catching up with them.

Wednesday - we had dinner a new local Italian restaurant. It was really yummy and I would like to go back again. We were home by 7:30 and didn't even think twice about going to bed at our regular 10 p.m. bedtime.

Thursday - we went to see a movie. We saw "Seven Pounds" with Will Smith. Um... what can I say about this movie. It was different, but in a good way. You could have heard a pin drop in that theater is was so gripping.

And that's about it! So, now... we're making plans to pick up the girls this afternoon! I cannot wait! I miss them so much!

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous1/02/2009

    Sounds like you had a fun week but are super-ready to see your babies! I don't blame you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the way it should be. Enjoying time off from the kids AND missing them at the same time. Just wait till the time they start being away for the weekends. I still remember the first time Mie was away for 3 days with the Brownies - I checked her room every morning to see if she was there =0).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Travel safe to get your girls! I have been missing my oldest who is also spending time at grandma's we go pick him up tomorrow. I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very rarely separated from my kids so I know I'd be feeling the exact same way as you. Enjoy having them back in your arms again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great week! It sounds like it was just what you needed to start the new year. Have fun in Houston!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.