
My last trip to Jason's Deli salad bar was the inspiration for this recipe. I don't normally choose pasta salads at the salad bar, but I love spinach in pasta salads. However, when looking for good recipes online for spinach pasta salads, I usually come up with recipes that don't appeal to me.
This recipe is super simple and very yummy, but it's not what I'd call a 'healthy' low-cal recipe. I made this salad to bring to a pot-luck dinner and it went over well.
Basil Pesto, Spinach and Tomato Pasta Salad
Ingredients:
1 - 12 oz. pkg of Bow Tie (Farfalle Pasta)
1 - 3.5 oz jar of Alessi Basil Pesto
2 cups loosely packed fresh spinach
1 container of fresh grape tomatoes - sliced in halves
1 tablespoon olive oil to help moisten (if needed)
Salt and fresh cracker pepper to taste
Optional Ingredient:
3 tablespoons of toasted pine nuts
Directions:
Cook pasta according to package. Rinse and allow to cool completely. Add approximately 1/2 jar of basil pesto. Add spinach leaves and tomatoes. Allow to salad to refrigerate for about 2 hours to combine flavors. Toss and serve.
That DOES look yum!
ReplyDeleteHaving had the pleasure of tasting this, I can report first hand that it is a winner! LOVED it!
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete