22 December, 2008

25 Days of Christmas - Day 4



The girls were so excited to wrap Daddy's presents today. I wish I could say I was more charitable when it came to letting them wrap presents, but I'm not. I'm kind of greedy that way! I like nice clean lines, smooth corners and minimal tape.

But, I knew that Daddy would not mind opening presents wrapped by the girls. And honestly, I wouldn't either. I'd probably "ooooh and aaaah" over their wrapped presents more so than a perfectly wrapped present with a big fluffy bow.

So, why can't I let go? Must be that 'control issue' I have...

Lord, help me to let go of the things that bring me joy, so that my girls can enjoy those things and BE joyful in the process.

3 comments:

  1. It looks like they had a ball doing it! My kids love it when I let them help out (but I'm like you and have to MAKE myself give up that control.)

    Your girls look adorable in their color-coordinated outfits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWWW bless them - they look so proud and happy - lovely photos and so is the one for my xmas card THANKS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember you being horrified by a present I let Ashley decorate for a playgroup bday. Heehee.

    Looks to me your girls got the hang of it pretty good. So cute!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.