06 November, 2008

Whatta Man, Whatta Man, Whatta Man

My blog friend, Heidi at Minnesota Mom sent me over to Amy's blog at Living Locurto. Today, Amy is hosting a "Meet My Husband" day, honoring the men behind the women of blog-ville!

I thought it would be fun to participate, too. (If you decide to participate as well, head over to Amy's site and link your blog with the auto-link.)


First and foremost, my husband is a man of God and for that, I am the utmost grateful.

My husband is a man of integrity and I have seen God favor him because of it.

He sees things in black or white, which can sometimes be a pain, but I can respect him for it.

He knows the word of God. I can confidently ask him a question about something in the Bible and more times than not, he will have an answer for me.

He is the sole male in a house full of girls... and does a pretty good job at keeping the peace.

He is not a worrier. (I am a worrier...) So, he balances me out.

He has seen to it that we are 100% debt-free. He is vigilant about it. For example, when I want to buy a big-ticket item RIGHT AWAY, he makes me wait until we can pay cash! This has caused some strife in our relationship over the years, but I appreciate him for making us self-sufficient.

He tithes every cent that enters this household. Again, God's favor at work, here folks!

He loves his girls and my girls are in love with their daddy. They literally scream when he walks in the door from work.

He is a man of principle.

He works hard and puts forth 100% effort in everything he does.

He can fix anything. ANYTHING!

Most people don't know this, but my husband has a fabulous personality. The reason why most people do not know this is because he is extremely reserved in public. But, get him home in his comfort zone and he is hilarious and silly. I love that we have the privilege of seeing him for who he really is.

He doesn't cook and he doesn't clean... but he takes care of us in a way I never dreamed worthy enough to experience.

I've 'loved' my husband since 5th grade. I knew that I would marry him one day... and by the grace of God... I did!

We'll be celebrating our 10th anniversary in 29 days. It seems like only yesterday that we got married! I can't wait for the next 50 years!

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous11/06/2008

    Erica, your husband sounds like a very great guy. So fun to "meet" him through you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just hopped over from Amy's blog to read about your hubby ~ he sounds like a great guy and it's awesome to see how much you love him. :)

    Angie in OH

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been lucky enough to meet him IRL - and a great guy he is for sure. Just being the only man in the house makes him worthy of some sort of medail if you ask my DH who was the same at our house. But at least we had rabbits and cats that were males - well at least for some time until they went to see the vet ;0).

    Lovely to read your presentation - I agree he sounds like a keeper (just like mine is) - tell him I said HI and ask him when he will update his blog???

    Nearly 10 years - well done - we reached our 34th this summer - and I am happy to report the good days are still overpowering the less good ones.
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet post and what a wonderful hubby you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your husband sounds awesome!! I'm so glad you participated in Meet Your Husband Day. I'm looking forward to reading through your blog and getting to know you too:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just stopped by from Amy's blog. Your husband sounds like such a great man. Amy's idea for today I think has really given us the opportunity to reflect on how fortunate we are.

    I'm supposed to working right now but later I would love to read through your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a really nice post about your husband. Great B&W picture of your family! KV

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great love story!!!

    Nice to meet you,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Anniversary to the two of you! Your hubby sounds like a wonderful husband and father.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.