The news media is scaring the pants off of people. Read the first paragraph of this "news" story:
"WASHINGTON – The economy took a tumble in the summer that was worse than first thought as American consumers throttled back their spending by the most in 28 years, further proof the country is almost certainly in the throes of a painful recession."
What bother's me about this article is this statement, and this statement alone:
"further proof the country is almost certainly in the throes of a painful recession."
I am not minimizing the fact that thousands of people are losing their jobs... And that the housing market it a mess because of garbage loans... And the stock market won't stabilize...
But, how are we supposed to be pull ourselves up by our bootstraps if the media is hammering home the idea that we are "almost certainly" positively already in a painful (yes, painful!) recession? It's almost as if the media, oh, who am I kidding..., IT IS the media's attempt to make a story. To build chaos! To lure in the viewer, reader, blogger - hehe!
I'm boycotting the news media again! I can't live with this kind of negativity.
I never, ever, ever watch the news anymore. It just leaves me frustrated and upset so I've eliminated it from my life! Works for me. :)
ReplyDeleteYep, me, too! I don't need the added stress.
ReplyDeleteNews is just depressing, so I don't watch it. We can check out the weather on the weather channel, or our computers. I spend the time the news is on, reading inspirational, God's love filled blogs!
ReplyDeleteWell said! And AMEN! Thank you for saying what most of us are thinking.
Michelle
I can't read/watch anymore either.
ReplyDelete