In the Lord I put my trust" (Psalm 11:1)
No matter what happens today and well into the night...
- I will still get up in the morning, say my prayers, have my quiet time with the Lord.
- I will still cling to my God, my religion.
- I will still be a mom who gets my kids up, make their breakfasts and brings them to school. Who will still do the laundry, cook dinner, help with homework and chauffeur my them around to ballet and soccer.
- I will still be a loving, caring and submissive wife to an incredible man, my husband (of nearly 10 years!)
- In other words... no matter what happens today, tonight, tomorrow or in the future (Lord willing...) I am still me. Erica... wife, mother, friend, sister, daughter.
I will not allow a president to make me bitter, enraged or downtrodden. Because the Bible clearly says that we are to put our trust in God, not in man.
And if you need proof, here are a few scripture references just in case you have forgotten!
Psalm 4:5
Psalm 34:8
Psalm 84:12
Proverbs 30:5
Proverbs 16:20
Psalm 18:30
Nahum 1:7
Psalm 62:8
Psalm 37:3-8
Psalm 28:7
Psalm 56:11
Psalm 56:3
Psalm 31:19,20
Psalm 36:7
Psalm 57:1
Psalm 61:4
Psalm 13:5
Psalm 32:10
Psalm 119:41,42
Psalm 34:22
Psalm 18:2
1 Timothy 4:10
Isaiah 12:2
Psalm 33:20,21
Psalm 143:8
Psalm 7:1
Isaiah 26:3
Psalm 9:10
Psalm 125:1
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Just play nice.