In one month and 5 days (according to the countdown on the sidebar) both girls will be in school.
August 25th will mark the very first time in over seven years that I will be without one or both kids by my side for any length of time. Oh, sure, they've spent the night with the grandparents, and believe it of not, Randy and I have had the occasional babysitter. But, both girls will be gone, in school, from 8:30 until 3:30 EVERY DAY! Kyla in PreK and Elisan in 2nd grade.
I'd be lying if I said that I was excited about it. Of course, I'm looking forward to the initial excitement of it all... the first few weeks of pure mom bliss! But, after that? I fear I will enter into a state of withdrawal.
I've been asked my friends and family what I will do with my new found freedom. And truthfully, I don't know.
Randy and I had a long talk and he is not concerned about me getting a job, but he is not against it, if I found something that was flexible in hours or part-time. The girls are still my number one priority, even if they are in school all day. I still need to be there to bring them to school, volunteer there when I'm needed, pick them up once school is over and get homework done at home. Add on soccer and ballet in the Fall and it makes for a very busy day.
I've thought about stepping up my volunteering at church and I may look into that again once my routine is in place. I've thought about taking a few classes now that I have a more time. I've been pondering a career that would require me doing a lot of studying/coursework so I may look into that more. I suspect I'll have the cleanest house in the neighborhood. Oh, and I'm sure I'll have the biggest biceps too, since I'll still be going to the gym everyday. Not to mention the gourmet meals I'll be preparing each night.
So, who knows... Maybe I'll be busy after all... Maybe this year will be a good year to 'find' myself again. However, I will admit I loved identifying myself as a full-time mom. Now, I'll be a stay at home mom, with no one to stay home with.
I think you should be a fitness instructor or a personal trainer!! It's your new passion and you are good at it!!:)
ReplyDeleteCyndi has a great idea! It is something you love and something that is flexible.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure it will be an adjustment but at the same time I think it is good for you. Time to maybe do more than dabble?
That is a great idea! Or maybe a healthy food coach. I am sure your gym will let you put up flyers.
ReplyDelete