07 July, 2008

WARNING: Rant Ahead

So, I'm at the gym this morning and I'm in the free weight area lifting weights. There are several of us in there in front of mirrored wall, dumbbell racks and benches. All's well until about 20 minutes into my workout, two ladies come in and plop their stuff on not one, but TWO benches and proceed to stand there and chit-chat while holding 5 pound dumbbells.

They mostly talked (loudly) and every once in a while one of them would do some bicep curls for good measure.

So, not only were they taking up valuable real-estate in front of the mirrored wall and dumbbells, they were hogging two of the five benches that we all use to lift weights on.

I thought about asking them to move their stuff several times but chickened out. Apparently, I wasn't the only one who didn't have enough "balls" to tell them to move on since no one else bothered to ask them to move the chit-chat elsewhere.

Why is that?

Sheesh... I need to get a backbone or something!

2 comments:

  1. You probably didn't want to come across as rude ... like them. Fortunately at the gym I go to now this doesn't happen very often, but my old gym it happened all the time ... guys and girls *insert rolling eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  2. i saw them this morning, I know who you are talking about!!!! Why are we intimidated by them, I know it is not b/c they won $100. They really rub me the wrong way too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.