14 July, 2008

Haphazard Theories (i.e. ramblin' stuff)

Okay, so I realize buying a whole fresh chicken is cheaper and better. No 'bad' chicken parts removed to produce 'cut-up' chicken. Oh, sure, we've all heard the scary and quite disturbing tales about the poultry packing business... But, I must say, that cutting up a whole (raw) chicken is disgusting! Truly nasty. And let me say for the record, if you don't have a sharp enough knife, you end up mauling it. It's just that simple. I think I'll stick to the 'cut-up' versions instead and take my chances and pay a little more. My theory is time vs. money. In this case, money supersedes the time it takes to cut up a chicken, not to mention the nast factor. I'm just sayin'...

Also, note to self... if you are on the cusp of having a migraine, the best place to be, other than your home, that is... is a grocery store. Today, while picking up a few things, I immediately felt a migraine coming on. I mean as soon as I walked through the door. (One of my "triggers" is climate changes - from HOT heat outside, to COLD A/C inside, not to mention bright sunshine... oh, wow... I'm just asking for a migraine and apparently, I did... so, there ya have it. It's a wonder I don't walk around in a perpetual state of migraine in this Texas heat and bright sun.) So, anyway, as soon as I realized it, I finished up my shopping and made a bee-line to the pharmacy, chunked a box of ibuprofen in my basket and headed to the checkout. While standing in the line, I grabbed a bottle of water from the cooler and popped (an obscene number of) ibuprofen. Meanwhile, the girls will hollerin', "Mom, you haven't paid for it yet!" At least they have learned something all of these years. Now, I'm in an ibuprofen fog, but no headache. I must say, if you are a migraine sufferer and you haven't tried the wonders of ibuprofen, then you are doing yourself a disservice. If I take the meds in the "aura" stage, I will not get a headache. (Of course, I take about 5 ibuprofen... which I'm sure that cannot be good for you? No?)

Thanks for the cruise attire advice. I do have 'adult' clothing, believe it of not, but having trekked out to various stores over the weekend looking for a bathing suit, I'll have to stick to my modest neighborhood pool appropriate bathing suit. Yep, that stinks. Oh well... but I do have several (dare I say s-e-x-y) dresses that I'm bringing that will be fun to wear. One is a halter dress which I love! It's an awesome Ann Taylor dress and I can't wait to wear it. But, I'll have to go bra-less. Yes, you heard right. The 'girls' will be loose, but the dress is form-fitting enough that it won't be too obvious, I hope.

Finally, if any of you blogspot people know where I can get a (free and) neat (and easy) blogger template, please let me know. I want to dress up my blogs! Thanks!

So, that's it for now. I'm hungry and I need to eat.

4 comments:

  1. I'm a migrainer also...also used to take 4 Excedrin at 1 time (You do get desperate to function without pain) but then started having rebound headaches from all the asprin. See if you can try maxalt from your Doctor. It melts on the roof of your mouth. Worked wonders for me, when nothing else worked. I don't have to take asprin and headache is gone within 2 hrs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7/14/2008

    The "nast factor"? Oh too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you about the chicken ... ick! It is definitely worth the extra $ to have it already cut up ... I like to eat chicken, but preparing it makes me :P ...

    My hubby takes Excedrin Migraine when that aura comes and it does a pretty good job of taking care of the migraine.

    Temples ... try eblogtemplates.com or ourblogtemplates.com ... HTH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! Just realized that I types "temples" instead of "templates" ... was that a Freudian slip??? ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.