Today, I attended the awards ceremony at school. We received a letter that Elisan would be the recipient of an award, but the letter did not state what the award was.Well, as you can guess by my graphic, she won the highest overall average in Math for her 1st grade class! OH MY GOODNESS! I could not have been more proud!
You see... I am terrible at math. I have a literal fear of math... so, when my precious little girl won the math award, I was beyond excited for her! I thought maybe she would get the citizenship award or something like that, but MATH?!? Holy cow!
This is definitely a gene she picked up from my chemical engineering husband Randy, who by the way, has already taken credit for Elisan's math accomplishments. But that's fine with me. He works tirelessly with her, making math fun for her, helping her to 'see' the equations in her head and helping her to think beyond the limits of first grade math.
That's great! Congratulations, Elisan and proud parents.
ReplyDeleteYou and me both. I could break out in a cold sweat at school when we got our math homework back. Any other field I was A+ but math - YIKES. Well done Elisan and congratulations to the proud Mum and brainy Dad. =0)
ReplyDeleteBravo, Elisan!
ReplyDeleteGirls good in math can support bigger shopping habits as adults :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats to her! You must be proud :)
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
~Heather