27 May, 2008

The countdown begins

Well, the countdown begins today! One more week of school. Well, really, it is more like 3 1/2 days left, since Monday was a holiday and Friday is a 1/2 day. So...

How will I spend my soccer free/ballet free/homework free last week of school before summer break begins? I have nooooo clue. But, this will be my very last week with Kyla Mae before she heads off to full-time preschool, for the very first time in her life in the fall. I'm already missing her because I know that our exclusive time together is coming to an end.

We decided to not enroll her in preschool at the typical age of three because she has an October birthday, which means, she will have one extra year of preschool than Elisan did, who's birthday is in August. So, we held her back until this coming up year, but decided that since this will be her first and only year of preschool, we'd place her in the 5 day a week program. And, since it will be at Elisan's school, we decided to arrange for her be in the 'aftercare' program so I don't have to make two trips to the school to pick Kyla Mae up at 1:30 and Elisan at 3:30. (Did you get all of that?)

So, you can see why I'm a little sad that my time with KM is coming to an end. Come September, she'll be gone the entire day. I'll miss the little toot, but she's sooooo ready for school that truly, it is in her best interest. But, I can't help but feel a little selfishness where she is concerned. I mean, she is my baby, right? There will be NO MORE babies and I am having a hard time letting go of her. But, she'll be five in October, so it's time. -Sigh-

We had a great weekend. Both sets of grandparents came in for the ballet recitals and it was great to see them all. They left on Sunday and we had all of Sunday and Monday to ourselves. It was nice.

Sunday, I took the girls to the discount movie to see "Horton Hears a Who". Eh? It was okay, but I wasn't particularly impressed. The animation was beautiful, but that is about all I can say about the movie. Oh, and that Steve Carell was one of the voice-overs and I LOVE HIM... although, I'm not an "Office" groupie.

Monday, I mowed the grass (can you say WORKOUT?) and then washed the van. Mere seconds after I parked the van in the garage it rained... for about 5 mins. That would have been enough to send me to the looney bin after I had spend 2 hours washing it! Randy says it is called 'living right'. Perhaps it is true that it only rains after your vehicle is washed. Maybe I need to wash the van more.

The rest of the day was spent hanging out. It was nice. Randy cooked on the grill and I didn't interfere and it was nice. Afterwards, with all that red meat protein coursing through my veins, I did an hour of weight lifting while the girls were watching "American Gladiator" with Randy. Good times.

So, now, it's time to head out to school. Better get a move on.

2 comments:

  1. Not an Office groupie?!! I'm not sure we can be friends! ;)

    School ended last week for us and it sure feels nice to not have a schedule. I'm sure come August I am going to be longing for one, though!

    Blessings!
    ~Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer around the corner - LUCKY you - my first holidays have been and gone. BUT I am looking forward to another trip in late August.

    Did you see the award I left for you on my blog on May 22nd???

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.