03 April, 2008

What to wear?

It's that time again... time for me to gripe and complain that I don't have any clothes to wear. Oh, sure... I have t-shirts and jeans. But, if you've lived anywhere in Texas, you know that jeans are banned after May and are not reinstated until mid-October. So, that leaves me with only one more month of my beloved jeans.

I recently bought a new crop of t-shirts from Ann Taylor online. I got a smokin' deal where the t-shirts ended up being $10.00/each WITH free shipping. I love the colors too. I think I bought 3 of the same color, just varying shades and hues. But, I couldn't decide on one, so I got them all in that turquoise-y aqua color.

I'm excited to be able to wear more flattering stuff this season. So, I've been on the hunt for really cute styles. The only trouble is, there isn't any.

Have you seen the amount of madras bermuda shorts and skirts out there? There was a time in my life... say, um... highschool, that I would have loved these shorts... but not so much now, in my 35 years.

Don't get me wrong, I consider myself to be preppy... I mean, if I had to describe my clothing style, but madras aren't for me.

Next up, are the shirts. Frankly, I'm getting a little tired of this style. Now, don't get me wrong, I have a few of these type shirts, but I'm tired of them. They aren't really flattering and do I really want to look pregnant? Not so much. Plus, since I've lost 30 pounds, um, pregnant is not the look I'm going for!

Maybe I'll just stick to fitness attire. I mean, I'll be at the gym everyday, especially in the summer months. It's comfy and it at least looks good on. Hmmm, I may have to re-consider the fitness approach to clothing. And let me just state for the record, fitness apparel is expensive. Whoa. A pair of yoga pants go anywhere from $20.00 to $80.00. Who wears $80.00 yoga pants?

So, I need to find a few dresses to wear to church, a few decent pairs of shorts, I already have the t-shirts and some work-out clothes. Oh, and a bathing suit (or two.) That should do it.

I love summer dressing.

5 comments:

  1. Fitness attire everyday? Pretty soon you'll be wearing Crocs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still love the madras look but it is everywhere right now. Go to Stein Mart. I always find quality clothes at pretty good prices in preppy/classic styles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4/03/2008

    You should write in to Big Mama (if you like her taste). She's always ready and willing to give fashion advice and places to find great stuff.

    I agree--workout wear is incredibly expensive. Even when I buy it on sale it seems like a rip-off. That said, it usually lasts a long time.

    Bathing suit (shudder). Ick. We have a pool in our division that I plan on spending a bit of time at with the baby this summer, but maybe I'll just buy a really cute cover-up. :) Can't do tankinis anymore after what I went through. Though my abs are almost back to what they were, my skin, unfortunately, will never be the same. STREEEEEEEETCH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. try bass outlet, they have great sales and thier clothes are more modest. I love their t's. Plus when they have sales, which is like every other week, they are $4-5. I like Eddie Bauer for shorts and denim skirts b/c great prices and they are alsoa little more modest.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Stein Mart- love them!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.