07 April, 2008

The unintentional A+ kid

First up, Anna wins! I have NO desire to move back to my hometown. I'm surprised some of my fellow SETX friends did not chime in and answer! Because, if you are from SETX, you know that you never want to move back! Tisk, tisk!

On to today's lightbulb moment...

Elisan has a rival at school. This 'rival' is a smart kid. How do I know this? Because Elisan talks about how no one in the class is as smart as "Suzie". Suzie memorizes her memory verse by Tuesday. Suzie answers all the questions. Suzie is in the highest reading group. Suzie makes 100's on her spelling tests. Suzie makes straight A's. Suzie this and Suzie that...

Well, the funny thing about it is, that Elisan is also an A+ student. This weekend, while sitting at the dinner table, Suzie entered the conversation again.

Randy said, "Elisan, how do you know that Suzie is smarter than you?"

She answered, "Because she is!"

And I said, "Well, do you know that you are a straight A student also? And that you make mostly A+'s?"

She looked at both of us and said, "I do?!"

"YES!" we both tell her.

My sweet little girl didn't even realize she had braggin' rights about her grades! Of course, she does now. And hopefully her self-esteem will blossom a bit. We're so proud of her and we tell her all of the time, but I guess, like most people, you don't believe it when it comes from the people closest to you.

Elisan, you go, girl! You make us proud!

1 comment:

  1. Yea me- I was thinking you are pretty opinionated and like things a certain way and being so close to family might diturb that!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.