Okay, so Sunday I had a huge craving for hot wings from Wing-Stop. If you've been around my blog for any length of time, you know I love hot wings. It is my favorite food. Oh, even now, at 6:55 a.m., they sound yummy!Oh, yes... back to the story...
So, I had this huge craving and I could not talk Randy into going out and getting some. He had just had a 2 hour bike ride and hot wings did not appeal to him. (Can't say I blame him.)
Well, needless to say, I got a little belligerent. I know, this speaks volumes of my personality, but ladies, you know how it is... when you want something, you want it NOW. So, I made everyone dinner - Elisan a grilled cheese sandwich, Kyla Mae had mac n' cheese and Randy had a salad with sliced chicken breast and for me? I called in an order of hot wings.
I left the house giddy with excitement. I timed my dinner so that I could sit at the table alone and read my latest magazine in complete silence... (Remember, I was belligerent.)
So, I arrive at the Wing-Stop, a mere 3.5 miles from my house, walk in, tell them I'm there to pick up my order and the girl at the register looks at me like I've lost my mind. And apparently, I had, because there wasn't an order waiting for me. She told me they didn't have my order in their system. WHAT?! How could this be? I told her, "Look, I talked to a guy, he took my order, told me it would be ready in 15 mins and here I am." She, without sympathy, said, "Well, we don't have it."
Well, rather than wait another 15 minutes for my order to be ready, I walked out.
And then it dawned on me. I had called the wrong Wing-Stop. I had called the neighboring town's Wing-Stop, not the Wing-Stop 3.5 miles from my house. The Wing-Stop in the neighboring town was 15 miles away. ACK!! I couldn't imagine driving a 30 mile round trip for wings... I mean, I was desperate and belligerent, but I wasn't that desperate and belligerent.
So, I called the other Wing-Stop, cancelled the order and went home.
I walked in the house, wingless and Randy laughed at me. It serves me right.
Oh, and for dinner? I ate condensed chicken and stars soup. Mmmmm, soup is good food.
Well - we all have our blonde moments - don't we - and at least you didn't munch anything bad - I know I would have stopped at the first icecream van and told myself I deserved it. !!!
ReplyDeleteOh, Erica! Too funny!
ReplyDeleteBad Erica!
ReplyDeleteMmmm...wings. I can never get Chris to go for them and they might just be my favorite food as well.
ReplyDeleteI love wings too ... great sotyr that made me laugh today - thanks!
ReplyDelete~Heather