14 April, 2008

A love affair with Johnny

My girls have a love affair with Johnny. That is, “Johnny-on-the-Spot”… a.k.a. Port-a-Potty.

I’m not sure why, but they can both use the toilet prior to us leaving for the soccer fields and lo and behold, one of them will inevitably need to use the Port-a-Potty before the end of the game.

I understand the need to go pee. I’m a woman with a bladder the size of a grape. But, I will chance a bladder infection before I use the porta on the prospect that I may possibly have to go to the restroom in the next 30 minutes. I’d rather wait, if you don’t mind.

And trust me, I’ve used them before. I’m not THAT uppity about using them, but truly it is under dire circumstances. Like… we’ve been at the soccer fields for 2.5 hours and it is only half time and I drank 2 cups of coffee that morning. Sure. I’ll go.

But, this post is not about me. It’s about Elisan and Kyla and their apparent love for Johnny. I’m not sure what it is. Perhaps it is the freedom of Johnny that they love so much. They can slurp down tons of sport drinks without any repercussions. There are times when I am taking them to Johnny and they are skipping along side me that I wonder if they truly love Johnny -- the closeness that only Johnny can give. Not sure.

And Elisan… that poor child will stare at the contents of Johnny like a deer in headlights. Truly. It’s like a rubber-necker at a car collision. You don’t want to look, but you can’t seem to take your eyes away from the mess. Yesterday, I had to snap her out of her trance to say, “Elisan! Stop looking, start peeing!”

I’ve finally come to my senses and bring not only anti-bacterial soap with me, but disinfectant wipes as well. No sense in not being prepared for the inevitable, eh?

1 comment:

  1. It's an age and it will stop. When Mie was younger she would need to go no matter WHERE we were and how gross I found them. I know the restrooms (or lack of same) in 80% of France, Germany etc. I once said I could write a book called - my way through Europe's restrooms. LOL. No idea what is so interesting - but she would ask "do they have a restroom here" every time we entered a restaurant, stopped for gaz etc.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.