Unfortunately, I have one of those faces that does not spark recognition... EVER! It's really weird, almost as if I'm invisible.
So, how weird is it for me to recall someone by name only to have them look at me as if I'm from bizarre-o world. Well, let me just say... it is very uncomfortable.
Take for instance Elisan's class-mom. It has taken 2 class parties, a field trip and numerous encounters at the YMCA for her to finally remember my name. Why is that? Are they that forgetful? Or, do they have so much going on in their brain that they can't possibly stuff another insignificant detail in there?
I have a sneaking suspicion this type of person is also the 'chronically late' person as well... but, I'm making generalizations here, since we all know that I am not a chronically late person and I tend to lump people into two catergories... those who are on-time (type-A's) and those who are not on time (type-B's).
I guess there are only so many type-A personalities to go around. Which is okay, I s'pose... I mean, if there weren't any type-B people in the world, then there wouldn't be any reason for me to blog.
I hate that awkward situation when you recognize someone and they have no clue who you are! Your theory on the chronically late folks is probably right on. They're just having a hard time keeping it all together and no room to remember people.
ReplyDeleteI'm proof your suspicions are wrong. I'm late but I can remember all names and faces. I always thought it was a freakish quality of mine because no one I knew could match it. AND my DH is a complete Type A and he doesn't remember names and faces at all. He generally doesn't like people so he doesn't think it is worth his time.
ReplyDeleteCheers! LA