31 March, 2008

Crocs + Dryer = Shrinkage

After a particularly muddy soccer game on Saturday, I instructed the girls to throw everything they had on into the washing machine. We washed cleats, soccer uniforms, shin-guards and Elisan's croc's which were muddy from wearing around the field before her game.

The cycle finished and I fished out the cleats and shin-guards but totally missed the crocs. They must have been hidden within the soccer uniforms. I tossed everything into the dryer and forgot out it. Hours later, I am clearing out the dryer and I see Elisan's crocs. They were um... how shall I say... about 2 sizes too small? YIKES!

Sidenote: For those who do not personally know Elisan, let me explain something to you... she is a freak out child when it comes to her stuff. Like super bad freak out child!

So, I called her over and showed her the damage. I told her I was sorry and that it was an accident. She asked if we could get the "jibbitz" out (the little decorations that stick in the holes of the crocs) and I could not get them out! Why? Because the holes shrunk too. Mayhem ensued...

Fortunately, the shoes now fit Kyla. So, Elisan will have to live vicariously through Kyla's new shoes.

3 comments:

  1. My husband wears his Crocs as shower shoes at the gym and has found that they've shrunk some. I'm guessing heat + Crocs = no good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. finally, we have discovered the flaw of the super powerful crocs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12/19/2011

    Rumor has it that you can stretch them back out the same way they shrunk. Placed in the dryer with a towel for apx 5 minutes will soften the rubber. When you take them out slip your feet in and sort of smoosh your feet around inside them as they cool. They'll conform to your feet almost like an orthotic.

    Might even work for growing feet up to a point.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.