11 February, 2008

K-I-S-S-I-N-G

Oh my! Were my eyes opened on Saturday!

Did you know that those first grade little girls talked about boys non-stop? Stuff like kissin', chasin' and even marryin'. If I am not mistaken, boy craziness isn't supposed to begin this early. No?

I was telling this story to my BFF on the phone today and she agreed it begins early. She told me that on Saturday, her 4 year old little girl was kissed ON THE MOUTH by another four year old little boy.

There's so little time that I can chant the "BOYS ARE YUCKY!" mantra around here before they see through my attempts at keeping boys away! I just pray that I will be able to reign 'em in before it gets serious.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/11/2008

    Yeah, our culture seems to get sexualized earlier and earlier. But then again, I remember chasing boys on the playground in kindergarten...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even back when I was 5 my BEST friend was a boy - but at least he was invisible and therefore didn't scare my mum with his presence LOL. One good thing is that boys normally grow to dislike anything girlie and that lasts a few years. After that - I can only think of one thing to keep them away - your DH in front of your house with a rifle. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think girls are always a bit boy crazy, luckily the boys think they have cooties for awhile.

    Isn't it fun to be a fly on the wall for that stuff?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.