29 February, 2008

Damaged Goods


Yep, that's right. Today, I had a minor 'fender bender', or better yet, a quarter panel bender (and sliding door).

I was backing out of my space in the parking lot and was about to shift into drive, when I noticed this big ol' truck backing into the side of my van. ACK! There was no amount of screaming I could do to get her to stop. In fact, the only thing that my screaming "STOP!!!!" did was scare the pee out of Kyla Mae.

Anyway, the lady totally accepted responsibility for the damage and hopefully she will convey as much to the insurance company next week. Unfortunately, being the cynic that I am (at times) and a former insurance claims adjuster, I know far too well how people's stories tend to change up when it comes down to admitting fault in an accident. And unfortunately, it is my word against hers... Hopefully, the damage will speak for itself.

I'll keep ya posted.

5 comments:

  1. did you do that at the gym?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3/01/2008

    I'm just glad y'all are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW! I hope it gets fixed soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7/08/2008

    Hello Erica!!!! I was updating my bookmarks on the computer and realized it has been a long time since I had checked out your blog. I read all of June, July and January. WOW!!! I will come back more often because I didn't realize before that you blog EVERY day. I have just a few posts on myspace. Any way I just wanted to commit about a few things if you don't mind.

    Regarding Randy's job, I do understand everything you said there. See, when Chuck and I first got married we moved to DE with DuPont and were there for 4 years. THE WORST TIME OF MY LIFE!! At first it was a fun adventure. I hadn't gone away to college so that was my "away" time. But the people weren't very inviting so I was VERY lonely. I got a job only to have to quit 6 month later because we were paying more for me to work then I was making. We were trying to get pregnant and I keep having miscarriages and Chucks family that was only 6 hours away weren't loving and open to me, it's better now. I became so depressed that we went to counseling (the best part of our move) and the counselor said that for my sanity we needed to move back to Texas. Well, the next week he was called to his bosses office because the plants in Texas were wanting him back!! We were back for 6 months when my mom had tried to kill herself because she heard us talking about maybe having to move again in a year or two. It was hard. I had to choose if I wanted my husband happy or my mom not to try to kill herself again. Well that on fell through. But it was three years after that that we moved here. We took a cut in pay AND living is much more so we struggle. But Chuck is happy with his job. We both enjoy the area - just seeing WA state is beautiful plus we ski, hike, raft and all the other fun outdoor stuff. When we were at the hospital with mom, the doctor told her that she if she left the hospital alive that she would NEVER be able to fly or travel to anyplace higher than Austin by car or train, so I think that was really the day she died. I tried to tell her that we would go visit there twice a year and Davie said the same thing but I really believe that was when she told God he could take her home. I am sobbing as I type this to you because I sometimes feel that I aided in my mother's early death. It was a very hard choice to make but I can't go back I just have to have fun here now and enjoy the beauty. It is also hard not to have any family here to visit with. We do have TONS of friends here though and every time a holiday rolls around someone is including us in there family gatherings and "adopting" us. So you picked family and I picked adventure and while the adventure is great there is nothing like a hug from your mom and dad to make everything right.

    Ok so enough of the sad stuff. I was looking back at your blog on PMS from February I had remembered it and wanted to reread it. Chuck and I have suffered from my PMS for the 14years that we have been married! =) WELL GUESS WHAT!!! It is gone now!!!!!!!! I've been seeing a Nurse Practitioner here in Wenatchee and she is a specialist in HRT Hormone Replacement Therapy. So I am using progesterone cream twice a day, you put it on you forearms like perfume. I use it every day until the bleeding time of my period and then stop it for seven days. OH MY GOODNESS!!! Life in the Miller house is peaceful at last.
    * mood swings - CK!
    * irritability - CK!
    * depression - CK!
    * anxiety - CK!
    * angry outbursts - CK!
    * confusion or fuzzy thinking: CK
    * tearfulness - CK!
    * fatigue - CK!
    * insomnia - CK!
    * changes in libido
    * overeating - CK!
    * cravings, especially for salty or sweet foods - CK!
    * acne -
    * abdominal and pelvic cramps - CK
    * bloating -
    * weight gain - CHECK!
    * headaches
    * menstrual migraines
    * breast swelling and pain -
    * difficulty with coordination, being more prone to accidents- CK!
    * dizziness, decreased balance
    * heart pounding (palpitation) -
    * nausea
    * fainting
    * urinary problems

    So these are either gone or under control. I had tried birth control in the past and it didn't work. With this it can be increased or decreased easily. And it is monitored with a saliva test. I've been on it for two months and the change is noticed by my girl friends too! So just a thought of something you can look into so see if it might help you.

    Last thing, I promise. About your hearing can you use hearing aids? What is the prognosis? I have a condition called Meniere's disease, was diagnosed in HS. But mine is still mild. It is also the reason I learned Sign Language. I felt that if I ever needed it I would be prepared. I am so sorry that you are having problems with this.

    It is nice to catch up on your life and I can't wait to talk to you again soon.

    Love always, Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11/10/2008

    Great work.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.