10 January, 2008

Oh, my aching bum!

I attended my very first group exercise class yesterday! This was a full-on weight training class called Body Pump. To be honest, I was a little skeptical... and still am. However, I decided to try it out anyway.

See, the problem (with me) is that I'm a cardio kind of girl! I love cardio. I love to sweat. And if I'm not breaking a sweat, well, then I'm not working out. Easy enough, right?

Well, I didn't sweat in the body pump class. In fact, I don't think my heart rate exceeded 140 for more than a minute or two. (140 is considered a moderate heart rate for my age.) The class was good... in that it worked the entire body, not just focusing on one area, like legs. And it was lively and upbeat. Plus, the hour zoomed by. But, the lack of cardio really left me empty inside. Crazy, huh?

I will say that my bum and the backs of my legs are stiff and sore. Oh, and my triceps are, in a word... owee! So, that's good, right?

I think I'll give Body Pump another go around. I'll stick to it for a week or two, and possibly throw in some cardio after the class - for good measure. I'll keep ya posted on the results!

2 comments:

  1. yeah, I'm a cardio junkie too!!:) That's why I have a hard time doing Yoga and Pilates. I know it's good for you but if you don't sweat I feel like you aren't doing anything!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mixing it up is good and a little no sweat weight training never hurt! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.