
Central Texas is all a buzz... Hannah Montana is coming to Austin on January 24th.
Morning talk radio shows are talking non-stop about the tickets, the lack of tickets, price gouging of tickets, Mom's performing dance routines to win tickets for their young daughters, etc. etc. Don't even ask about the mayhem that surrounded potential ticket purchasers when the tickets when on sale several weeks ago.
I'm truly stunned. The madness has taken over Austin (and the surrounding areas). Moms are going nuts over this.
Randy and one of his co-worker's were out to lunch the week before Christmas. The wife of the co-worker phoned him to ask him if it would be alright to buy HM tickets for several hundred dollars. The husband told her "not on your life!"
I know, I get it! Hannah Montana (or, better yet.. Miley Cyprus) is clean and wholesome. The show is cute--so I hear -- we've never watched it. She's a good role model, blah, blah, blah. But, really, I haven't heard one good reason why my six year old (and subsequently, my four year old) needs to watch this show or hear her music, when truly they are still enamored with cartoons or flicks like "Ratatouille" or "Meet the Robinson's". Besides, do I really want my kid beggin' me to watch MORE television than she already does?
I'm sure my day will come, but it sure as heck will not be when she is six. Seven? I don't know... check back with me in August... but, don't hold your breath.
I watched her on Oprah a few weeks ago and she is adorable, but I can get see what all of the hype is about. It is like the Tickle me Elmo thing, I think sometimes it is more for the parents to be cool parents than anything???
ReplyDeleteMy parents would have NEVER!
ReplyDeleteI don't get the hype either. I'm sure she'll be strung out on drugs soon just like all the other young pop stars.
ReplyDeleteMrs. C--too funny. But also very sad.
ReplyDelete