18 January, 2008

I'm even surprised!

My mother-in-law (MIL) is in town and has been since Saturday. She isn't staying with us, though. She has been staying with my brother-in-law (BIL) to help him out, while my sister-in-law (SIL) has been out of town for the week.

Since I am a stay at home mom, I have been her main source of transportation, errand girl and daytime entertainment this entire week. We've gone shopping together, had lunch together and visited. She even kept Kyla all day on Thursday and I was able to attend the Ladies Luncheon at church and then I hit the mall afterwards sans kids. I don't remember the last time I was at the mall without a child. She is even going to watch both girls tonight and Randy and I are going on a date! A date without having to pay $30-$40 bucks to a babysitter!

So... is this what it is like to have grandparents that live in the same town? I had no idea. It has truly been a nice and refreshing change of pace... And, not just because I've scored free babysitting, but that sure sweetens the deal! No, it is because my girls have loved having her here. I have loved having someone to talk to who understands that husband of mine. It has been nice having the company.

She leaves tomorrow. I'm going to miss her. I never thought I would say that, because, afterall... she IS my MIL.

2 comments:

  1. Haha. You are a lucky gal with a MIL like that.

    A date night?!?! I think it is a record. Two in about a month, right? Where ya going?

    LA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Posted a little late , but God still answers prayers. I'm happy to read this.
    MOM

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.