04 December, 2007

Christmas Challenge

On Sunday, the girls and I went to the local shopping mall and did a little bit of Christmas shopping. My goal was to find something for my 6 year old niece.

So, off we go to "Justice, Just for Girls". I have to admit, I love this store. It is eye candy for girls... and hey! I'm a girl, too. The trouble is, the prices are just way to high. Like seriously...high.

But, I don't know what it is about that store... it's fun music, the bubbly atmosphere, the beautiful clothes and fun accessories or WHAT?! but I was possessed to buy an outfit for my niece that was MORE expensive than what I pay for my own clothes.

As I'm reaching in my purse to pay for the items, I don't even flinch when I hand her my credit card. I sign off, gather the girls and we leave. It was not until we were outside did I snap to my senses and realize, "OH MY GOODNESS!" did I just pay $50.00 for a shirt and leggings? (I threw in the dollar amount, because I knew you were dying to know!)

I immediately decided that because I do not spend that much money on our clothes, I was not going to spend that much money on other people's clothing. So, the plan was to return the items on Monday (or Tuesday... maybe Wednesday). I just didn't want to rush in there and return them immediately, like the remorseful buyer I was.

About 30 minutes later, Randy joined us at the mall. I told him about the experience in the store and he was like, "So, why don't you take it back now?"

I said, "What? Not right now! I just left there. They will certainly remember me and snicker at me as I leave. No. I'll take it back next week."

Then (my hero) said, "Give it to me. I'll take it back."

So, Randy walked into Justice, Just for Girls, dumped the clothes and the receipt on the counter and got the refund.

We we met up again, I asked him if they said anything to him about why it was being returned and he said no. But, had they asked him, he was going to joke that he was sitting at home, when he got an email from VISA about the recent purchase and that he hauled down there to return it because it was too expensive. (That's the redneck in him.)

6 comments:

  1. I would have my hubby do the exact same thing. Too embarrassing to walk right back in. I’m glad he could handle all the pink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. I wouldn't have wanted to return right away. Too embarassing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As you know - prices on kiddy's clothes are high here (which is why I often buy when abroad).

    I know the feeling and I would have been a chicken like you and waited to make pretend it was returned because someone didn't like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have gone in there for my niece and was also shocked at the prices. It is all the bubble gum perfume that makes you do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've done that too!! But I've always waited a week before I returned them. Your hubby saved you a trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't husbands great! :-) I too, would have gone back, most likely the next morning to avoid the same shift workers.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.