21 December, 2007

Christmas Challenge - Day 21


A coupla random stories for Friday.

This is why KM is so funny... Over the weekend while we were at a restaurant, I brought both girls to the restroom. We all piled into the handicap stall. And they have this race as to who can pull their pants down and get on the potty the fastest. KM won. So, Elisan is standing there with her pants down around her ankles. KM finishes up, but just as Elisan is about to use the potty, she remembers she has trash in her pocket and bends down (bare-bottomed) to fish the contents out from her pocket.

Kyla Mae, with a look of sheer brilliance on her face, rares back and smacks her sissy on the booty. It wasn't hard, but it as loud and echoey in the bathroom. And, it was funny. Of course, Elisan was not happy and I had to scold KM for swatting E's bottom. But, truth be told, I was having a hard time trying to keep a straight face on that one.

This will show you out "uncool" I am... at least according to a 20 year old male. I was checking the girls out of the kids' gym at the YMCA and the attendant working the door/sign-out said, "Hey, what's that on your waist?" I look down and it's my iPod.

I said, "It's my iPod!" (like duh!)

And, he said, "Wow. It's so big. I've never seen one that big."

I said, "What do you mean?"

He said, "I've only seen those small ones with the screens, or the even smaller ones that look like a pack of matches."

And I said, "Oh Chris... that's because I've had this one for like 3 years!"

He said, "What? Really?"

I said, "Yep! See... the screen is even in monotone."

He said, "Wow... that is old. How do you even work out with that thing flopping around on your waist band?"

By now... I'm getting irritated...

I said, "I just do. It's not that big."

But, he wouldn't let it go...

He said, "But it is... I've never even seen anything like that..."

So, I said, "Yeah. It is big! It is old! Heck... I'm old! But, it works. So, leave us alone, now."

I hate being reminded that I'm old. And antiquated. And uncool. Kids today! No respect for their elders! Oh wow... did I just write that?

4 comments:

  1. You should have told him - "that's because I had one - before you even knew what it was"...

    Thanks for the giggle. Hugs all around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that feeling. I got that old feeling in Cozumel when a punky teen commented on my straw hat. I felt so silly and old. I remember when it was cool to get a sunburn, now it is all about preventing the wrinkles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. Don't you hate it when things come out of your mouth (Or typing) like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA!!HA!! Thanks for the giggle:)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.