About two years ago, one of our friends from Denmark visited Texas and before he left on his trip, he asked Randy if there was anything he wanted from Denmark. Randy asked for Cafe Noir coffee and the question back to Randy was "What style?"
Well, since Randy doesn't do the food shopping around here and hasn't a clue as to what would be the appropriate style of coffee to request, when given his options of "whole Beans, ground, instant" he chose instant.
So, when Jørgen shows up with two jars of instant coffee, I was thinking to myself, "What?!" It was only later that I found out that Randy told him "instant."
Well, as you can imagine, the instant coffee is... well,... it's instant and no offense to instant coffee drinkers out there, but... I like freshly ground coffee and there is no comparison.
So, Randy now has a way to get his beloved Scandinavian coffee.
(By the way... what did I ask for when our friend Jørgen came to Texas? Danish tabloids, Haribo Click Mix and Pickwick Christmas Tea.)
Part great taste and part special memories...Just doesn't get any better. I wish there was an Ikea near me....now I am coffee curious:)
ReplyDelete