23 April, 2007

Milk Glass

My friend Leigh Ann, over at The Pink Kitchen asked me to blog about my milk glass collection. And, although it is not huge, it is impressive - if I do say so myself!


First up is a rose embossed plate with scalloped edges.
It looks lovely on my red painted kitchen walls.
(Maybe I could start a blog - The Red Kitchen?)

Next is a small oval serving plate and a set of salt and pepper shakers.


I love this sugar bowl and the ladle.


Here's the matching creamer.


Large water pitcher.


Here's the ensemble.


I have two styles of glasses - six each.


This candy dish holds Q-tips in the bathroom.


This is a vintage Avon bottle.


I love this footed fruit bowl. I bought it off of eBay for $.99...
okay, shipping was $10.00, but still... a great deal!


Hobnail candle holder - I think... anyone know for sure?

Set of taper candle holders.


These really neat plates with the art deco design
are from Leigh Ann herself.
Along with the mugs and the trivet below.



So, that's it. I'm still wanting at least one more piece from my collection and it is a milk glass hen salt dip dish. My mom has it, but she hasn't given it to me yet. I do, however, have a glass hen salt dip dish in green... but, the white one is the one I want!

P.S. - All of the dishes, unless otherwise noted, are from Randy's grandmother's collection that were given to us.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous stuff! I love that whole ensemble set. The avon bottle is way cool, too. Thanks for sharing! :)

    LA xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is a very impressive collection! I have to tell you how weird it is to me that you posted it as just last night I said to my husband..."remember the box of milk glass items I bought at auction?" I am not sure where they went (it was a few years ago. He of course had no idea what milk glass was. Here you are posting the most wonderful collection of it!! I swear blog minds run on the same wave length.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.