A while back, one of Elisan's classmate's parents approached me giggling, "We want to meet Bryce's (not his real name - you know... to protect the innocent and all...) future mother-in-law."
I'm like... "huh?"
They go on, "Oh, Bryce talks about Elisan all the time. He even says he's going to marry her when he gets old enough."
Now, I'm all for the love-of-my-life-I'm-going-to-marry-them-one-day story..., but hey... this is Kindgergarten... STEP OFF!
So, I giggle with them, feigning excitement and never really thought about it until...
Yesterday, Elisan brought home a present. It was shoved down in her backpack in a crumpled gift bag. I opened it up and what do you know? It was a picture, in a frame of her classmate Bryce. IN. A. FRAME.
Ahem.
So, I ask her. Hey, Elisan what's this? She says, "Oh. Bryce gave that to me."
I probe further, "Did he give everyone in class a picture?"
She replies, "No, just me."
Me, "-----." (Speechless -- yes, can you imagine, for those who know me?)
So, I ask you, internet world... this is weird, no? Am I over-reacting?
I mean, I like Bryce, I like his mom. So what that Bryce likes Elisan. Who wouldn't? She's a great kid. But, wow... so soon.
So soon.
Needless to say, Elisan wasn't fazed. She still thinks boys are silly and stinky. Hun, I've got news for you... they still are.
Don't worry about it, he likes her and she obviously could care less, if it was stuffed in the bottom of her bag. She thinks boys are silly and stinky, that is the important part.
ReplyDeleteKristi is right though it is way over the top for the mom to allow that. You never said what Randy thought about it. :)
ReplyDeleteHehehe, don't worry, I was given an "engagment" ring in kindergarten- yeah it was from a gumball machine- and I thought it was totally gross. None the less the engagment fizzled as quickly as it began. Besides I had mudpies to make!!!
ReplyDeleteMy guy still has his one and only love who is also an older woman - a first grader in Pf.! ha. They see each other at church every week now and he says goodbye, "I love you forever (insert name)." We have many photos of the 2 of them playing together, but FRAMED is over the top.
ReplyDelete