Boy, isn't that the truth?
This past weekend, Randy worked (a.k.a. took shelter) in the garage to work on miscellaneous projects. The girls joined him.
Why? Because momma wasn't happy. Or, better put... momma has P.M.S.
I've noticed over the last year (or two, or three) that my mood has spiked up in a turmoil of frustration and stress over the smallest of things. I find myself nearly shaking in anger over nothing. Nothing. I'll repeat... nothing.
And the sad part about it, was that I didn't know why. I blamed it on the kids, or being overwhelmed with housework, or being a perfectionist, or trying to be Super Woman. Whatever. It didn't matter what the trigger, I just blamed it on something.
Until I kind of had... well, a light bulb moment... and realized that I suffer from P.M.S.
So, I'm officially joining the other 75% of women who suffer from P.M.S.
In celebration of my new found discovery, I decided to pay my OB/GYN a visit. I needed to discuss the course of treatment and plan of action for this reign of terror that now has overcome me nearly two weeks out of the month.
Here's how the conversation went:
Me, "I think I have P.M.S."
Doctor, "No, you don't say?"
Me, "Why yes... is there anything that I can do about it?"
Doctor, "Go through menopause."
Me, "Ah, yes. Well, that's not going to help me now."
So, we talked about several treatments that may or may not help me. The first was birth control pills. Nope to that! Randy has had the 'ol snip-snip, so I'm not interested in that.
Next!
The second option was taking calcium supplements. Apparently, some women have reduced P.M.S. symptoms by taking calcium supplements. The only side affect? Constipation.
Next!
The third option was taking Zoloft. I'll admit, I'm not a chemical kind of gal, so I opted out of that one. But, I'm keeping the idea in my back pocket just in case things get really bad.
Lucky for me (hint of sarcasm, there folks!)... the doctor said the symptoms would only get increasingly worse as I aged. Yippee!
So, there ya have it... a peek into my personal medical health. I'm so glad that I could provide solid medical facts about P.M.S.
I just hope that I've helped the 75% of women out there who suffer, as I do.
Pass the laxatives, please.
OMG! I've had the same problem. I didn't realize it had to do with our age. ;) I need a trip to the gyn and a vitamin store.
ReplyDeleteLike you I never had PMS until recently. I've noticed the older I get and the more kids I have the worse it is.
ReplyDeleteIt's me again... I've been reading your past posts... and just had to comment.
ReplyDeleteThe Arbonne progestrone cream has changed my life!!! Serious! And I know of a ton of testimonials that say the same!
If you are regular with a cycle... you will use the Prolief Arbonne cream (blue label). Get a hold of your local Arbonne distributor and you will be a new woman! Or email me if you can't find someone. Check out Arbonne.com for more info.
And get this... only $30.00... and it lasts at least three months! Who can't justify $10.00 a month for sanity sake!
Thanks for pointing me over here. I'm going to try the Vitamin C and we'll go from there. Um ... and I'll buy a bottle of Citrucel at the same time b/c there ain't no way I want to be plugged up AND angry. *snort*
ReplyDelete