Today's "Yummy Food" installment is probably the easiest recipe you will ever make. It's also one of the yummiest.A friend of mine from long ago gave me this recipe and I think I've distributed it to just about everyone I know.
I've tweeked it over the years, but that doesn't take away from the ease of the recipe. In addition, I've calculated the Weight Watcher points, for those interested in that information.
Enjoy!
Tortilla Soup
Weight Watcher Total Pts. = 15½ pts (**See note below)
3 Chicken Breast (1 chicken breast = 3 WW pts/each)
1 Medium Onion Diced (1 cup = 1 WW pt)
3 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup** (1 can = 2½ WW pts)
10 oz Water
1-10 oz Can Chicken Broth** (1 can = 2 WW pts)
1 Can Original Rotel Tomatoes (1 can = 1 WW pt)
Handful of fresh chopped cilantro
1 small can of Mexi-corn
Add all ingredients into crock-pot. Cook on low for 4-5 hours. Just before serving shred chicken with fork. Serve with jalapeno jack cheese and tortilla chips on top of each bowl.
**Note: I use the fat free varieties of broth and cream soups. Points are calculated w/o chips and cheese. The WW point total is the total for the entire pot of soup. Points per serving not calculated.
Mrs. W, you gave me this recipe years ago and I still make it all the time!! It's very yummy!!:) And everyone I make it for raves about it!!:)
ReplyDelete