01 December, 2006

First of many...

Today's post will be the first of many ...I am sure of it... posts about the perils of shopping.

While at my local Bath and Body Works, I was looking for something for my sister in law, since she loves their stuff. Because they have sooo much to choose from, and I didn't know if she like fruity, clean or perfumey scents, I just opted to purchase her a gift card and be done with it.

As I'm making my way to the check out, I remember I have a B&BW coupon for a free item (up to $12.50 value!) with any $10.00 purchase. Cool!

So, I go and pick out a bottle of Japanese Cherry Blossom, my new favorite scent and bring it up to the register.

I tell them I want a $25.00 gift certificate, hand her my coupon and lotion. She then tells me that the coupon is only good for $10.00 of goods, not gift cards.

So, the gist was... the "with any purchase" was a basically false (or better yet... A LIE, people!)

Then, she asked me if I'd like to purchase $10.00 of goods to receive my free item. At that time, I told her nope, that I was taking my business elsewhere and I walked out.

What's up with that? Can anyone explain to me why spending $25.00 in gift cards doesn't constitute goods? I mean, money is money, am I right?

Someone please... I'm beggin' ya. Explain this to me!

1 comment:

  1. My bulldog would've come out and gotten a manager. It is common for the fine print to say "excludes gift certificates", but if it's not printed, then it was false advertising and they should have honored it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.