21 November, 2006

It's Thrifty!

Last Friday, I stopped by a garage sale in our neighborhood. The lady had a ton of stuff out in her driveway so it was hard to resist. As I was strolling down her makeshift aisles, I came across this stainless steel peppermill. It was one of those purchases that you make without knowing (or really caring) what the price was. But, lo and behold, I bought it for a bargain price of $1.00!

Let me just say, that I love this pepper mill. I've gone through two pepper mills in the recent years, but this one looks like it will stand the test of time.

It's so rewarding to find a something that you know you just can't live without, but didn't know it, until you found it!

By the way, my friend L.A. has declared Christmas a "thrift or handmade" holiday of gift giving this year. I (briefly) considered giving the peppermill to my friend Cyndi as one of her Christmas gifts, but decided against it. I couldn't part with it.

That's the bad thing about thrifting... it's usually just one-of-a-kind. I thought this challenge would be a cinch, but I've learned that all of the good stuff I find, I want to keep for myself!

2 comments:

  1. Haha. That is so true. I'm finding tons of great things for me but not for everyone else. I'm gonna have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!! I really wanted that:) I know the few things I've found I want to keep for myself;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Just play nice.