Yes, this post (or rather, rant!) is about cell phones (again!)
I'll admit, I'm an old fogey in my 33 years, but there are some cell phone users out there who need a good dose of cell phone etiquette!
Here are three examples of people who are so wrapped up in themselves, to pay attention to those around them.
In the checkout line: The other day, a lady in front of me at the grocery store was chatting it up on her phone as she was checking out. The cashier looked helpless as she was trying to get the girl to finish up her transaction without, God forbid... interrupting her telephone conversation! When it was my turn to check out, I asked the checkout girl if that got on her nerves, and she said that it was one of the most annoying things she's ever had to deal with.
At school:
I was waiting to pick up Elisan from school when I noticed that one of the dads who was picking up his little girl did not even acknowledge anyone around him, including his little girl, as he was dialing a number on his cell phone. I'm thinking to myself, 'Could you at least say hello to your child and perhaps the child's teacher, make your way to your car and then place your call?' I thought his behaviour was so incredibly rude. He's also one of these.
At the car wash:
I was hanging out at the car wash, when a girl from across the room caught my attention. She was having the most animated conversation! Hands raised in the air, body shaking with laughter and she was using a very loud voice. When I looked to see who she was chatting with, I didn't see anyone at all, because what?... yes, she was on her cell phone (with the ear attachment.) Not only did she look ridiculous having this totally animated conversation with no one present, but she was disrupting those around her.
Whatever happened to good ol fashion conversation with those around you? Why is it that people are more concerned with chatting with someone on the phone, rather than striking up a conversation with the check out girl? Or teacher? Or, heck... even your own child?
Don't get me wrong, we are a no land-line family, so my cell phone is my only form of outside communication, but gee whiz, I do understand the importance of common decency and manners.
I know... I'm just an old fart who maybe is just not important enough to get phone calls all throughout the day from important people.
Sure, that's it.
Right.
Just don't get me started on drivers on cell phones, again!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Just play nice.