No, this isn't about me and my quest for better dressing. No, this post is about Elisan and her quest for better dressing.
A coupla weeks ago, I brought out some clothing for Elisan that I had purchased while she was at school. It was just a few things I got at Walmart, but I have to admit, they were really cute.
She immediately said, "Mommy, I don't like them, I love them!" and then proceeded to dance around singing, "I have stylish clothes! I have stylish clothes!"
Okay, first up... she's FIVE! Oh my goodness. What's up with that? Stylish clothes? Who told her about that? And how did she even know that word?
Truthfully, it's not a word we use around here. Yes, it's true... none of us are stylish.
But, to use it in the happy dance? I was baffled.
Nonetheless, the moment passed, I forgot about it.
Fast-forward to last week. Elisan is allowed to wear regular clothes (or pretty clothes) on Fridays and forego the boring school uniform. So, last Friday, she said she wanted to wear her STYLISH clothes.
So, I'm thinking to myself... what are we getting into now? Are the days gone where I could pick out her clothes and she'd wear them without complaint? Am I now required to take her with me, as I clothes shop for her, to ensure that she is indeed stylish?
Let me remind you... she's five!
And the final blow... At church on Sunday, our beloved Children's Pastor told Elisan she looked stylish! STYLISH! Of all the words to use, she used "stylish!"
(Insert sigh and groan) I'm so totally finished.
Yup. She's five going on sixteen!
ReplyDelete