Kindergarten is starting NEXT WEEK. Yikes!
I am really nervous about Kindergarten! And, how is it that I'm old enough to have a kid in Kindergarten?
I know Elisan will love, love, love it. Me? Not so much.
I worry that I will fail. How's that for turning the tables?
There's so much pressure now... getting there on time, packing lunches and/or remembering lunch money, picking her up on time. And what's worse, our commute is on the worst stretch of road imaginable in Texas, so traffic will be horrid some days.
What about the teacher? I mean, do I try too hard for her to like me? Or do I step back and just observe? Should I make efforts to be (overly) involved in Elisan's class and be the mom that does everything and not give anyone else a chance? And should I try to out-do the other moms? Or just go with the flow....?
It's so hard! Will I be the goody-goody mother? Or the slacker mother? Or will KM preclude me from doing anything remotely related to the school because she will run hog-wild in any situation that requires thought and preparation?
Who knew Kindergarten would be so hard?
But, as far seeing my big girl head off to Kindergarten... I'm proud! She will love it, because that is the kind of kid she is!
Her mother on the hand...she's had 33 (nearly 34 years) of neurosis built up... just enough to make her a little loopy sometimes!
My daughter starts kindergarten this year also! She is really excited about it! My son will be in 2nd grade so this isn't really new territory for us. When they were little I used to wonder if I would enjoy the elementary years. I have to say that I'm thoroughly enjoying it...being a room mom, watching them grow and change, getting to know their little friends. All of it has been great! Enjoy the journey!! (and good luck with the morning rush hour drive)!
ReplyDeleteI can't believe it's that time already! One thing I know: you will NOT fail or be the slacker mom. (I don't think you'd know how.) :-)
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean! I have a daughter starting Kindergarten next week!!!
ReplyDeleteBTW I think this is my first time to your blog...feel free to stop by and say hello on mine as well!