18 November, 2005

Mae Mae and Sissy

Elisan is a hard name to pronounce for a little kid. So, we adopted "Sissy" when referencing Elisan to KM. Sissy is easy to say, and cute to hear.

Elisan not wanting to leave KM out of the nickname game, as taken a shine to calling KM "Mae Mae".

I had no idea Mae Mae was even sticking around, until KM saw a picture of herself and said, "Mae Mae".

In the course of their short little lives, Elisan has been referred to as:
Elisan (of course)
Elle
Elle Rae
Ellie Rae
E-Rae
E2 (thanks to Angie W.)
and now... Sissy

Kyla has been referred to as:
Kyla
Kyla Mae
KM (that's my favorite)
Ky-Ky (sounding much like "cahcah" so I don't say this one often...)
K-Mae
and now...Mae Mae

It will be interesting to find out how long these nicknames stick around, and whether or not they will refer to themselves as Sissy and Mae Mae. I'll keep you posted.

Until then, Mae Mae and Sissy, it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Just play nice.